Monday, March 8, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday...

Two months of Monday's ago the work week started when I grabbed a few Diet Cokes from the fridge,left the house and danced in the car to the oldies all the way to the office.
Since then the work week starts when I grab a few Diet Cokes from the fridge, stay in the house and head out to the computer in the porch.
I miss the feeling of "belonging" somewhere, the hum of activity that naturally happens when people share space and the proximity to the latest news in the business world.
However... in this moment there is no cattiness, although there IS a feline who watches me from his spot in the sunshine atop the couch, the golden retrievers are both too busy playing with tennis balls to indulge in office politics and positioning and I finally work out of a corner office with a window...at least for now.

1 comment:

  1. You put it into words so well...the feeling of belonging somewhere..that's what I miss about working. I am still adjusting to retirement. Never thought there would be so much alone time

    ReplyDelete