Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'll Take Two Silicone Ones Please

Silicone spatulas, that is. I LOVE them. They make me happy. Sometimes the right tools for the job can make a rank amateur feel like a pro. Silicone spatulas do that for me. When I am waving them around in my kitchen they make me feel like I could give Emeril and Paula Deen a lesson or two.
Do I care that silicone rubber is generally non-reactive, stable, and resistant to extreme environments and temperatures from -55°C to +300°C while still maintaining its useful properties (according to Wikipedia)? Not so much...
Do I care that the spatula has been around since 1525? Only in that it has had time to be improved...no first generation spatula for me!
Do I care that silicone spatulas come in all the colors of the palette? And in all sizes, including special mustard and mayo spatulas? And that they can be engraved to say anything I want? And that almost every store sells them? And that every cake I make is way more fun to make with a bright burst of color on the edge of the handle?? Yes, yes, yes, yes and YES!
Can't say it enough...silicone spatulas = fun.
Oh and as for that other silicone product...there was a time when I might have taken two of those too, but that was then and this is....now.

No comments:

Post a Comment