Friday, March 12, 2010

The Joke is on Me!

We all have stories of the the friends or relatives who died with a houseful of possessions that were the "good" ones, the ones they were saving for a "special" day. The fine china that collected dust in the hutch, that great bottle of wine in the cabinet or the outfit that looks awesome...if only anyone would have ever see it worn!
I never EVER saw myself as one of "those" people.
BUT....for the last 15 years I have been walking on and living with carpet that could generously be described as "a little worn". I looked forward to the day when floor covering in a warm, fashionable shade would welcome guests into my house.
The house will be on the market in a few weeks...with brand new wonderful chocolate colored carpeting to greet friends and family of the new owners.
I am laughing at myself as I realize that I was indeed one of "those" people as I get ready to rip up the old carpet...now!

No comments:

Post a Comment