Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sometimes quantity..sometimes quality..

The annual Perseid Meteor Shower arrived this week... last night it found me sitting in the hot tub with my niece hoping to catch a show of light... my niece is an amazing young woman who has not had the easiest of journeys to get to her moments of now... she now sits on the cusp of adulthood.
She visits now, tan, healthy in body and mind after a summer spent running and biking in the hills of the west coast. I am just a stop on her way back to college.
I rejoice in this visit with her. Her smile lights up my house and her laugh is a joy to hear.
Sitting in the hot tub with her, I give a small wink to the heavens and MY mom, who loved this child dearly and worried about her much when she was a baby.
She is okay now mom, at least for the now...and really who can ask for more?
Thanks for visiting my much loved niece...you are always welcome here.
OH..and as for that meteor shower...it consisted of ONE meteor but it was beautiful and it was NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment